Summer is almost here! Here are a few tips to help you make sure your home is just as ready as you are for some fun in the sun:
- Check the screens on your doors and windows. Make sure there are no rips in the screen, and that it’s secured around the edges. This will help keep any unwelcome winged guests from your home!
- Let the fresh air in. On cooler summer days, turn off the air conditioner and open the windows. You’ll save a little on your electric bill, and take advantage of the breeze!
- Make sure your air conditioner is running properly. You’ll want to do this before it gets too hot out, so that you’ll have the cool air blowing when you need it. If you don’t already have ceiling fans in your home, consider installing them – it will help circulate the air in your home.
- Draw the shades during the day. If the sun is allowed to beat in through your windows while you’re gone all day, it will make your home much hotter. Close the shades and curtains while you’re gone (especially on sunny days). This will lower the use of your air conditioner – and your electric bill!
- Seal your ducts. If your ductwork is leaking, your cooling costs will go up. Be sure to hire a qualified contractor to test your ducts and seal any leaks.
- Check outdoor furniture. Give the patio set a once-over. Wash any fabrics that have been in storage since last year, and see if anything could use a fresh coat of paint.
If you need help getting your home ready for the summer months, give Flannery’s Handymen a call today at (781) 775-9943. We’ll be happy to give you a hand!