For most homeowners, their garage is the main room that can become cluttered. Since we don’t spend much time in there, your garage can easily turn into an unorganized room. Typically, garages become so cluttered because it’s used as a storage place for clutter we’re clearing out of our home. To better organize your garage, check out our tips below.
- Pegboards are a great organizational tool because they’re so flexible. They can support hooks, baskets, shelves in whatever arrangement you can come up with. They put otherwise useless wall space to good use and are easy to install.
- If you notice that your standard shelving isn’t working as well as it should, consider heavy-duty shelving. These shelves allow you to store heavy items in your garage without the fear of breaking your standard shelf. You’ll not only be able to take advantage of your wall space, but by shelving your heavy items, you’ll give yourself more space on the floor. This will make it easier for you and family members to maneuver around your garage.
- To continue taking advantage of your vertical space, invest in some overhead storage units. These units hang from your garage ceiling and will make that space up there more useful than before. While they are typically made of metal, you’ll want to only put plastic bins on them.
- If you’re maxed out at utilizing your storage space and you still have clutter, it’s time for the 6-month rule. If you haven’t used any items in the past 6 months, donate or recycle it!
- If all else fails and you’re still looking to declutter, rent a U-Fill Storage unit for your possessions.
The initial process of decluttering can be stressful, but we promise you’ll feel so much better after! Once you’ve decluttered and are in need of junk removal services, contact Flannery’s Handymen. Receive a free estimate today by calling 781-775-9943 or by filling out our contact form.