With April being National Stress Awareness Month, we have some suggestions for decreasing your stress levels as you make your move.
- Before you begin to pack up your items, go through them all. If there are items that can be donated or thrown out, do that! It’ll save time when it comes to unpacking in your new home.
- Purchase your packing supplies (boxes, bubble wrap, tape, etc.) before the day of packing. Packing can be stressful enough. You don’t need to be scrambling around for supplies on top of it!
- Depending on the amount of things you are taking with you, you may want to spread out the packing to a couple of days a week.
- As you begin packing, put away items you’re less likely to use so you don’t need to go in and out of boxes looking for things.
- When it comes to labeling boxes, label the specific room or what items are in them.
Moving and packing can be stressful, but it doesn’t have to be! Contact Flannery’s Handymen for more tips on your next move!