With any part of a local or long distance move, packing can be a time consuming and demanding part of the moving process. With Flannery’s Handymen, packing doesn’t have to be a stressful part of your big day. We have some tricks of the trade to ensure you get everything packed up in a timely manner!
- When you begin packing your clothes, instead of folding them, try rolling all of them. This allows you to pack more in each box and you’ll save money on boxes and other packing items. For lighter clothing items, use larger boxes and for your heavier items, use smaller boxes.
- Usually right after a move, you won’t unpack all of your boxes. Pack a box that has items that you’ll need immediately after your move. This can include a couple changes of clothes, toiletries, phone charger, etc.
- Before you begin packing, take a picture of all of the items that you’ll be including in that specific box. That way, you’ll be able to keep track of which items are in which box easily.
- Depending on the season you move in, prioritize the items that you’re packing. If you’re moving during the summer, you’re not going to need sweaters or jackets so pack those items on the bottom of boxes. Items at the top of the box will be things you’ll need right away like towels or a change of clothes.
- If you’re packing up your kitchen dishes and notice you have extra room, pack some sweaters in there. In addition to filling up space, you’ll also protect dishes from breaking with the fluffiness that comes from winter sweaters.
These are only the tip of the iceberg when it comes for suggestions on packing up all of your belongings! If you’d like more packing tips or are in need of a reliable moving company, contact Flannery’s Handymen today! We can be reached by calling 781-775-9943 or by filling out our online contact form.