While moving into a new home or apartment can be an exciting time, doing it during the summer can make it a stressful and uncomfortable time. With Flannery’s Handymen’s tips, we’ll make sure you stay cool as you complete your summer move!
- As for any activity that takes place during the summer, it’s important to stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water. Imagine that moving is like a gym workout. You wouldn’t go to a workout without bringing water so you shouldn’t forget it while moving. Summer moves can be exhausting so keep water nearby for whenever you’re feeling tired or dehydrated.
- It will most likely be a sunny, hot day when you move so steer away from wearing heavy and dark clothing. Pick out some clothing that will be light and comfortable and won’t prevent you from moving certain items. You’ll also want to wear sunscreen to protect yourself from sunburn.
- Once you get to your new home or apartment, turn the AC on to make your move in hot weather more bearable. With the AC on, you won’t be sweating as you unpack your belongings.
- Typically, people move in the beginning and end of the months. Try to schedule your move during the middle of the month. This way, there won’t be as many people to crowd the elevators.
- As you pack up your belongings into boxes, remember that these items will be left in a moving truck for some time. If you have anything that could melt, like candles, you may want to bring those items first and set them up in your new air conditioned home.
If you have an upcoming move this summer and are looking for extra hands, contact Flannery’s Handymen today! We offer various moving services and are happy to schedule a moving date with you. Contact us today by calling 781-775-9943 or by filling out our online contact form.